Put your expertise to use in one of the world’s top Reinsurance centers!
With travel restrictions beginning to ease, now is the perfect time to consider pursuing an international challenge in balmy, low-tax Bermuda… less than a 3-hour flight from Toronto!
Picture yourself during Canada’s colder seasons, working for our Re/Insurance client in Bermuda! Enjoy the island’s warm sunshine and healthy outdoor lifestyle while experiencing new professional challenges in this state-of-the-art Global Reinsurance environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in quarterly loss reserving process and analysis, including financial reporting to the group and regulatory reporting
- Assist in business forecasts
- Reviewing inputs to the Technical Provisions for Solvency II reporting
- Building and maintain management information applications using PowerBI or similar technology
- Monitoring our legacy deals for performance of actual vs expected
- Assisting the Head of Retrocessions through analyses such as historical and projected loss ratios and actuarial pricing
- Building and maintaining pricing, accumulation, and loss reserving models for various lines of business
- Performing profitability studies and other actuarial and statistical analysis as needed
- Interact with software development teams to provide an actuarial perspective on future development
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- ACAS or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Property and Casualty Re/Insurance industry
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting regulations
- Proficiency in SQL, Visual Basic and database management systems such as SQL Server or other similar software, as well as MS Excel
- Proficiency with open-source applications such as Python and R
- Ability to organize and prioritize demanding workload
This is a full-time/employee role based in Bermuda. The ideal candidate will be highly portable and will enjoy a range of lifestyle interests that align with Bermuda’s idyllic living environment.
Compensation will be generous, paid in USD or equivalent and is subject to only a very low payroll tax. Also on offer are relocation allowances, excellent benefits and more.
Last update: August 6, 2020