We are seeking a Senior IP Engineer on behalf of our client, a premier provider of IT and telecommunication solutions in balmy, low-tax Bermuda! Bermuda is one of the world’s premier offshore financial centers. The Island is located less than 3 hours from Toronto and offers one of the healthiest and most friendly living environments anywhere!
Reporting to the Head of IP Networks, the Senior IP Engineer will be responsible for the efficient management, build and support of our client’s rapidly expanding mobile and fixed network infrastructure to deliver services to both corporate and residential customers. The successful candidate will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
Primary responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Administration of the IP/MPLS network infrastructure; plan and implement software updates, audit network security and maintain hardware and software integrity
- Administration of mobile packet backbone network, RAN backhaul, CGN, Gi/SGi-Fw and GTP-fw
- Implement security patches and correct vulnerabilities as per best-practices
- Lead the evolution of local/international integrated MPLS network infrastructure supporting fixed and mobile data services
- Respond to network incidents, customer complaints and process fault tickets for ICT business and residential services
- Provision new services and execute service orders, ensuring SLAs are consistently met
- Manage international capacity, private ISP peering policies and inter-AS MPLS L2/L3 VPNs and services
- Keep accurate records of all network events in order to execute corrective steps proactively
- Administration of MLDP-based mVPN architecture and maintain uninterrupted IPTV service integrity and failover mechanism
- Provide Engineering support for the development of new solutions
- Create Proof of Concept solutions documentation and maintain competitive edge of products and services through regular comparative analysis of feature set available in existing/other solutions on the market
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BS Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication or equivalent technical competence
- Proven 7+ years’ experience in a senior operational IP/MPLS networking role in a service provider environment
- CCNP certification or equivalent at minimum. CCIE RS/SP lab certification together with relevant project and support experience would be an asset.
- Linux Server administration experience including scripting languages (Perl, Python, bash)
- Effective communicator with a proactive and positive attitude. Ability to articulate and present timely technical feedback to manager and peers
- Commitment to consistently meeting requirements and team objectives, achieving results beyond expectations
- Ability to adapt and successfully accomplish tasks that may be outside of scope of responsibility and in spite of changing priorities and resource challenges
Our client offers a competitive and very minimally taxed (approx. 6%) compensation and benefits package. Relevant work permit, health insurance contributions and relocation assistance is also offered.
This unique opportunity involves relocating to Bermuda therefore applicants should be highly portable, able to relocate in a reasonably short timeframe, and be adaptable to new living environments.
Last update: January 14, 2020